Search site

Other Useful Contacts

Follow us on facebook Sway_PC and Twitter @Sway_PC

Useful Contacts if you want to get things done.

Note that this information applies primarily to the Sway Parish area.

Sway Parish Council has responsibility for a limited number of things.

If your problem relates to anything outside of our remit, we urge you to contact the relevant organisation directly in order to avoid unnecessary delay or miscommunication. See also adobe icon Getting it done [154kb].


Road Problems
cattle grid

Hampshire County Council for Potholes, Street Lights, Street Signs, Overhanging Trees and Hedges, Pavement Problems, Drains and Flooding, salt bins, Cattle Grids etc. Can also phone 0845 603 5638
Street Name Signs
Broken Street Name Sign
Damaged or missing street name signs are the responsibility of New Forest District Council. Email NFDC customer services.
Planning Matters
New Forest National Park Authority NFNPA logo

New Forest National Park Planning

New Forest National Park Authority NFNPA logo

New Forest National Park Authority  Select here for an interactive map showing Tree Preservation Orders.

Trees within the New Forest Perambulation

Forestry Commission Logo

Forestry Commission, email
Rights of Way

Hampshire County Council Online reporting system for problems with Footpaths and Bridleways. Can also phone 0845 603 5636 or email Select here to view maps and open problems.

Dead animals

Dead animals on or alongside roads.
Telephone number during office hours is 023 8028 5000.
Recycling, Rubbish and Waste

New Forest District Council.
Telephone number during office hours is 023 8028 5000.
Stray dogs and other animals

New Forest District Council. If you have found a stray dog or have an enquiry regarding a lost or found dog then during office hours please call the Dog Warden Service on 023 8028 5000

There is also a very useful service provided by New Forest Dog Owners Group (NFDOG) contactable on 07775252640 or via twitter (@nfdogroup) or facebook to help reunite lost dogs with their owners.

Environmental Protection

bonfire smoke

New Forest District Council. Advice on anything to do with air or water quality, noise and dust, nuisance from bonfires, contaminated land, asbestos, fireworks. Also can visit or phone Environmental Health (Environmental Protection) Appletree Court, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7PA. Tel - 023 8028 5411-option 2

Street Cleansing and Grounds Maintenance


Dog Fouling, Fly posting, Fly Tipping, Graffiti and Vandalism, Litter and Litter bins, Cemetery Maintenance and many more.
Telephone number during office hours is 023 8028 5000.
Out of hours emergency number 023 8028 5250.

Sway Railway

South West Trains
Forest Animals

Phone 999 To report a Road Traffic Accident involving Forest Animals (101 for non-emergency). For other emergencies phone the Verderers on 02380 282052 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or the Forestry Commission on 0300 067 4600 (24 hrs).
Local Police


Sway is in the 'New Forest West' area.

  • Phone 999 in an emergency.
  • Phone 101 for non urgent enquiries and reports.
  • To report a crime online, please click:, click 'Report' and select the type of crime to report. (You can also use 'Tell us about' for a selection of other alternatives.)

The nearest police station is Lymington Police Station at Southampton Road, SO41 9GH with the following opening hours:

  • Mon to Sat 9am to 6pm
  • Sun 9:30am to 6pm
  • Closed 2pm to 3pm each day
  • Closed Bank Holidays

For a map showing local crime information, please browse to:

Hampshire Alert
Hampshire Alert
Information from Hampshire Police. Particularly of use to Neighbourhood Watch Volunteers and others who wish to remain aware of the Latest News and Issues.
Cango Bus Service
Cango Bus on lanes

To book a ride, phone 01983 716956 between 7am and 9am Mon-Fri. For further details, it is best to refer to  adobe icon Cango Users Leaflet 2018 [1Mb] created by the Cango Users Forum.
NFDC Safety Advisory GroupAll events affecting the local area should be published in their Public Events List
Sway Parish CouncilAllotments, Jubilee Field and other places controlled by Sway Parish Council. For more details refer to the Amenities Working Party.
Sway Parish CouncillorsContact details for the Sway Parish Councillors


Follow us on facebook Sway_PC and Twitter @Sway_PC

Sharing Links

Twitter     Facebook